Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Three Hours In the Car And This Is the Best I Could Come Up With

I did 80. Sat longer than Quinn Brady.
I think maybe I listened to too much Slim Shady.
Surprised I saw sunrise, I got up too darned early.
At 5am on cable I saw Laverne and Shirley.

Source: I spent too much time in the car this morning listening to rap. This is loosely based on an Eminem song whose title isn't PC enough for this blog. The real lyrics go:

Slim Shady, brain dead like Jim Brady.
I'm a M80, you Lil' like that Kim lady.
I'm buzzin, Dirty Dozen, naughty rotten rhymer,
Cursin at you players worse than Marty Schottenheimer.

Admit it - any song that rhymes something with "Marty Schottenheimer" is a cool song.

Explanation: If you didn't know, Brady Quinn was the quarterback from Notre Dame who entered the draft this year. He expected to go very early and instead lasted until the 22nd pick. That means he sat for a very long time before he was picked. Technically, I didn't sit in the car that long this morning, but it felt like it! Also, technically I didn't watch TV this morning, but it rhymed and I thought it was funny.

No comments: