Friday, May 30, 2008

May Madness

In case you were wondering, I'm currently in first place in my NBA Tournament pool.

Explanation: Yeah, that's right - the NBA Tournament. It's just like the NCAA Tournament, except there are less teams and nobody is paying O.J. Mayo to be there. I nailed the entire Sweet Sixteen this year! I'm a cinch to win this thing. Go Lakers!

I should note that the NBA playoffs are an important time of the year for me, because once they end, ESPN is dead to me until August when college football starts up. Sure, I'll check their web site once in a while to see if Willie Randolph got fired yet, but I don't really care that much about baseball.

Special Blog Bonus: Time for a LEGO roundup. Here are a few interesting models I've seen lately:

First up is the Miniland-scale LEGO Stephen Hawking along with mini Hawkings. Click the picture for more of their adventures.


Next up is a Stephen Hawking minifig, courtesy of (this is my favorite part) "Count Blockula".


There's also Sean Kenney's LEGO Empire State Building, which will reside on the observation deck of the building itself, making it the world's highest LEGO model! And yes, it comes with a gorilla.



And finally, Mark Kelso's (not the big helmeted safety on the Buffalo Bills) Apocalypsis. Nothing amusing about this, it's just a great model. You can read more about it by clicking the picture.

No comments: