Wednesday, May 7, 2008

BYOB

I was told the drive-in was BYOB so I brought my own Bosnian.

Explanation: I went to the Hyde Park Drive-in last night! Yes, they still exist. Interestingly, in the six years I lived up here, I never went there, but now that I've moved away, I can go. Not sure how that works.

There are apparently several keys to the modern drive-in movie. First, you need folding chairs and a boom box. I also learned that you need a towel to cover your boom box to protect it from condensation. You need food for the pre-movie tailgate, and since they do not sell Bosnians there, you have to bring your own. My Bosnian came with half a watermelon, so that was a perk also.

In case you're wondering, we saw Iron Man and it was much better than I thought it would be. Quite funny in parts.

No comments: