Monday, June 2, 2008

You Know You're a Nerd When

You know you're a nerd when you check the FedEx website to see if your package was delivered instead of walking to the front door and checking the porch.

Explanation: Well, let me first mention that I got an email last week saying that something I ordered was being shipped. Excited about my impending delivery, I immediately checked the tracking site only to discover that it had actually been shipped two days before and was already on the truck for delivery. I love it when that happens!

After a workout and quick shower at lunchtime, knowing that I might have missed the doorbell, I checked the FedEx website to see if my delivery had come yet. It hadn't, but after I checked their site I realized that I could have gone and checked the front door, instead.

This reminds me of the time I was in college and had a service emailing me the daily weather. My family came to visit, and when asked what it was like outside, I went to my computer to check my email. My sister went to the window and looked. I still argue that I gathered more information from my email (high/low temperatures, forecast) than she did from her observation (current conditions), but I really can't argue against my nerdiness.

Special Blog Bonus: Here are two important reminders on how to turn off that pesky computer from Bloom County and the Banana Jr. 6000:



No comments: