Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Early To Bed

Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man completely miss the NBA Finals.

Explanation: This is really a status message in two parts. First of all, I'm frustrated that every single game of the NBA Finals, this "great" series between the Lakers and Celtics, started at 9:00 PM. I know there's an East/West coast balance at play here, but for me that's just ridiculously late for a basketball game to start.

The second factor here is that I've been working out lately, and as a result I'm ready for bed MUCH earlier than I have been in the past. Yesterday, for instance, I was ready for bed at 4:00. I held out for a while longer, but went to bed at 9:00, which is the earliest I've been in bed since my Sesame Street days. I managed a nice, comfortable nine and a half hours of sleep. I am refreshed and ready to take on the world today. Just don't ask me any questions after 4:00.

So, combine last nights Game 6 9:00 start time with my 9:00 bedtime, and I completely missed the deciding game.* The NBA. It's FAAaaaaaaazzzzz...

*Apparently, given their 39 point loss, the Lakers also missed last night's game.

No comments: