Saturday, April 19, 2008

What Sayeth the Wise Son?

From the archives:

Why is this night different from all other nights? On all other nights we drink only one glass of wine. On this night, four. Why do we drink four glasses of wine, you ask? Because we have to leave work early and drive two and a half freakin' hours through New Jersey rush hour traffic, just to spend an evening bickering with our family, while our grandparents tell us that we should be doing more with our lives, and frankly, we should be wearing a sweater. That's why.

Explanation: This was actually the oldest status message I have on record. Tonight is the first night of Passover. Though I was horribly wrong in my remembrance of the four questions, my large base of Jewish readership (Steve Ho, I'm looking in your direction) still found this message particularly amusing.

These days I live much closer to the seder, and with temperatures into the 80s today, hopefully nobody will ask me to wear a sweater. Hopefully.

1 comment:

Willie Y said...

you better put on your sweater.