Thursday, February 7, 2008

My, My, My, You Can't Read This

By the year 2000, two out of three Americans could be illiterate.

Source: This was the last page in the book I just finished.

Explanation: Our library has used book sales every once in a while, where they sell paperbacks for 25 cents and hardcovers for 50 cents. I like to pick up mass-market paperbacks there for old best-sellers that I never got around to reading. A few years back, I grabbed a copy of Kiss the Girlsby James Patterson, only to realize while reading it that Along Came a Spiderwas actually the first book in the Alex Cross series. As you can probably tell, I've never seen either movie. Anyway, over the past couple days I've been reading Along Came a Spider and noticing some items that date the book a bit, like (I'm not kidding) the time when Alex Cross listens to Hammer on his car stereo. Anyway, when I finished the book, there was today's status message. It turns out that the copyright date for the book was 1992.

Then again, I have no idea why I'm writing this, since most of you probably can't read it, anyway. Let me summarize in video:





No comments: