Saturday, February 2, 2008

Getting Some Politics Off the Books

From the archives:

I support Jeb Bush's 2013 invasion of Iraq.

Explanation: See, back in 2004, I wrote this status message the day after George W. Bush defeated John Kerry to win a second term in office. I thought it was clever, because George H. W. Bush had invaded Iraq back in the 1991, and then George W. Bush invaded Iraq in 2003, so I just felt like it was destiny that Jeb Bush would be elected president in the future and invade Iraq, 'cause that's what the Bushes do.

You may wonder why I'm running this message today. The reason is simple: I'm trying to rerun all of my old status messages and this one is getting less funny by the minute. We invaded Iraq in 2003. It's now 2008. We're still there. So, I'm sure you don't think it's particularly funny today, but just think about how unfunny it'll be when we're still in Iraq next month, or even next year. I'm doing you a favor by running this message now. You'll thank me later.

On the bright side, I went on my first date with my wife two days after writing this status message. That was pretty cool.

No comments: