Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Is There a Mrs. Mister?

Carry a laser down the road that I must travel.

Source: Kyrie, a 1985 hit by Mr. Mister.

Explanation: This song came on the radio the other day, and it occurred to me that in the 22 years since I first heard it, I have had absolutely no idea what the words were. So, I finally went an looked them up. Apparently, "Kyrie Eleison" is Greek for "Lord have mercy." For those of you who knew that, congrats. For those who didn't, now you know. There are actually no lasers involved:

Kyrie Eleison down the road that I must travel
Kyrie Eleison through the darkness of the night
Kyrie Eleison where I'm going will you follow
Kyrie Eleison on a highway in the light


Special Blog Bonus: You know who should have lasers, though? Sharks. Sharks with freakin' laser beams attached to their heads.

No comments: