Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Find Carlos. Find My Weekend.

Cain is for Charlie and Delta is for Cain. Delta, Delta, Delta starts with D.

Source: The Bourne Identity by Robert Ludlum.

Explanation: Even though The Bourne Identity was written in 1980, apparently it's still very popular at my local library, thanks to the recent movies. I had never read any Robert Ludlum before, and thought I should give him a shot. Plus, I haven't seen any of the Bourne movies yet, so I like the idea of reading the book before the movie tampers with my imagination.

Anyway, I requested The Bourne Identity at my local library a couple of months ago. It finally became available, so I picked it up, but did not get a chance to read it for a little over a week. Then, before my long weekend, I tried to renew the book, only to find that there is a hold on it because someone else wants it. I couldn't renew, and it was due today.

As a result, I spent a very large portion of my long weekend reading the book. In fact, I spent most of my weekend reading the book. That's why it's on my mind.

Repeated throughout the book is the line "Cain is for Charlie and Delta is for Cain." Sadly, every time I read it, I could only think of one thing: Cookie Monster.

No comments: