Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Rick Astley, Your Fifteen Minutes Are Over

Rick Astley is SO 2008. I'm thinking about Ricky-The-Dragon-Steamboat-Rolling people this year.

Explanation: Rick-Rolling is totally lame. Now that we're in 2009, we need to move on and find an alternative. That's all I have to say about that.

Special Blog Bonus: Time for a round-up of some of the awesome links I stumbled upon while on my holiday vacation. Enjoy!

  • In this YouTube clip, some not-so-bright college students spell out "2009" by using old beer bottles as dominoes. A word of advice to the guy leaning against the table: broken glass is sharp.
  • I saw a bunch of great new LEGO creations over the break, but this one takes the cake. It took a team of Google employees three years to build this life-sized replica of the Millennium Falcon, but I think it was time well spent. The life-sized Chewbacca is my favorite part.
  • In celebration of the Eagles' playoff game against Minnesota, a local Philly station held a Gus Frerotte "headbutt the wall" contest. The video they posted on YouTube is hysterical. I'm doubting the winner even remembers the contest.
  • I know there's nothing fancy about the production of this video, but I just like seeing a snow bank fall off roof onto Christmas carolers. It was a "white Christmas" for those poor singers. Take special note of where the giant icicle landed. Ouch!
  • You may have seen this one before, but if you haven't you should definitely check out the Robin Williams comedy routine where he acts out the birth of Jesus. His Virgin Mary monologue is hysterical.
  • And last but certainly not least, make sure you take a gander at the Nike commercial where Usain Bolt races a duck. I can't say much more about it without giving away the punchline.

2 comments:

Jeremy said...

I'm not sure how you missed This Clip of the guy trying to skydive into the Chick-Fil-A Bowl on New Year's Eve without realizing that it was held in a dome.

Willie Y said...

So where is the Rick Asley clip?