Saturday, March 29, 2008

DAVIDSON!!!

From the archives:

Time is infinite and life is finite, therefore the probability that you are alive at this exact moment is zero.

Explanation: Just a little food for thought on your weekend. I don't remember where I found this quote, but it doesn't really matter, because the probability that anyone else is alive to read this is zero.

Special Blog Bonus: DAVIDSON!!!


I gained three points on the field last night because my bracket was the only one of 139 in my pool to have Davidson advancing to the Elite Eight. Unfortunately, last night's games only boosted me from 100th to 85th place. Therefore, while I STILL believe there's a chance I can finish in the money, I am forsaking my pool and rooting for young Mr. Curry and his teammates.

Now for a moment of deep personal pain, brought to you by ESPN.com:

As a high school student at Charlotte Christian, Curry grew up a fan of the ACC and wanted to follow in his parents' footsteps at Virginia Tech. Dell Curry was a star with the Hokies before he played 16 seasons in the NBA, and Sonya Curry was on the volleyball team at Virginia Tech. The Hokies offered Stephen a scholarship but with the catch that he play as a walk-on for a year.

Curry wanted to play right away, so he chose Davidson, the small school (1,700 students) about 20 miles north of Charlotte.

No comments: