Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Economics are Amusing

I know the economy is in the toilet, but the news was still really funny last night.

Explanation: I don't quite remember the exact words of the interview, but this is pretty much what I heard last night:

Interviewer: Thank you for joining me this evening, Mr. President. We know you have a limited time to speak with us, but we'd like to hear your thoughts on how your economic stimulus package is being viewed by Congress.

President: It's always a pleasure to talk to you, Mike, and I'm more than happy to discuss my package with you. Since the day I entered this office, there have been rumblings that I could not pass my package through the hallowed halls of Congress unscathed, but I feel my package is strong, robust, and can provide for all working-class Americans.

Interviewer: The House Republicans were quick to point out what they described as several shortcomings in this package. While Speaker Pelosi was quick to defend your package, this does not bode well for your package as it falls into the hands of the Senate.

President: Well, I'll be honest with you, Mike - It's always difficult to get something this big approved quickly, but I have every confidence that once the Senate gets some time to take in and appreciate the full scope of my package, they will agree with Speaker Pelosi that it is fully capable of providing just the stimulus America needs. Before you know it, I'm sure I'll be back in the Oval Office with my package before me on my desk, ready to set it into action.

Interviewer: Thank you, Mr. President. We appreciate you taking the time to be with us today.

2 comments:

Willie Y said...

It's called politician speak. The question is asked. The answer is always 500 words that are beautifully spoken and never even come close to answering the question.

And were is this baby? Buy the time she gets here she will already be 2 years old.

Sam said...

Does your wife realize that you're obsessed with another man's package?