NFL Fun fact: Each of the last seven times the Minnesota Vikings have lost their first game, they have failed to go undefeated in a season.
Source: I heard it on Sportscenter, so it has to be true.
Explanation: It's officially that time of year. I can care about Sportscenter again! Here are some other interesting facts I learned:
- ESPN has a jovial announcer who has funny nicknames for all sorts of players.
- The "New York Football Giants" won the Super Bowl last year, yet apparently most people think they weren't a very good team then and aren't one now.
- The new quarterback for the New York Jets actually spent some time playing for another team before joining the Jets.
- OK, that jovial announcer is getting annoying.
- Apparently there is a player on New England who may have gotten hurt on Sunday. I'll keep you posted if I hear anything more about it.
- There is a player named Adam Jones on the Cowboys who goes by the colorful nickname "Pac Man"
- OK, there's nothing jovial about him, just get him off my screen.
- It turns out that there are other football teams from places other than Dallas, New York, and New England.
- That "Dancing With the Stars" guy with the terrible grammar is an analyst for ESPN.
- Player number eighty-five has a very poor understanding of Spanish.
- Must... kill... Chris... Berman...