Friday, April 3, 2009

Volleyball Update

We won in four games and nobody got hurt.

Explanation: As you may recall, two weeks ago, I played a volleyball match very aggressively against a very nice team because two players on a completely different team had really ticked me off. Well, last night we played the team I don't particularly love. I am happy to report that we won the match in four games. I will also report, neither happily nor sadly, that nobody got hit in the face with a volleyball.

On the bright side, nobody on our team got hurt, which is important considering that three weeks ago we lost 3 players in one game due to injuries. For the record, my teammate who elbowed another teammate in the face was still able to play. Anyway, we're still tied for first in spite of our forfeit last week. The playoffs start soon!

Follow Up From Yesterday: I have derived a formula to answer yesterday's math question, but I would like to take some time to try to prove it before sharing. For those of you who were still hoping to play with this problem, you have an extension. Good luck!

No comments: