Thursday, December 18, 2008

I Want My Pudding!

NOW BRING US SOME FIGGY PUDDING!

Source: From We Wish You a Merry Christmas, this may be the Christmas carol line that could most appropriately be ended with "Damn it!"

Explanation: No explanation. We've just been waiting here for our figgy pudding since last Christmas, yet nobody brought it. It isn't like we commanded it or anything... oh wait - we did: "Bring us some figgy pudding! NOW bring us some figgy pudding. NOW BRING US SOME FIGGY PUDDING!" We sang it to you over and over again. How did you not get the message? Well, this year we don't care if you don't know what's in figgy pudding. We don't care if you don't know how to make it. Bring us some! WE WANT OUR DAMN FIGGY PUDDING!!! You've got one week until Christmas, and if we don't get our pudding, we're gonna send eight tiny reindeer over to your place to shove your stocking where the Christmas lights don't shine.

EDITOR'S NOTE: You'll have to forgive me. I went to Toys 'R' Us last night and I am now officially in the holiday spirit. Maybe tonight I'll swing by Best Buy and Walmart and complete the trifecta of holiday craziness.

7 comments:

Jeremy said...

By the way, if you were wondering, here's an NPR article (with audio) about figgy pudding.

Jeremy said...

I would submit that in a moderately politically-incorrect way, or taken out of context, the O Holy Night lyrics, "Fall on your knees!" could also be followed by "Damn it!"

Jeremy said...

And hear the angels voices, damn it!

Willie Y said...

I've been in sin and error pining because I am now baking, as I write this, a 55 gal. drum of Figgy pudding. It will sent to you, as soon as I can save enough money to ship it.Yum.

Anonymous said...

As in the best rendition of the song reminds us, "Piggy Pudding? Figgy Pudding..it's made with figs. Oh. And BACON!

Jeremy said...

And after Christmas, I'm 'oppost to get pudding!

JCA said...

Dude! I made figgy pudding for the first time ever, this year, and then, the next day, for the second time, because it was THAT good.

http://www.loojie.com/personal/cookbook/2008/12/figgy-pudding.html