Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Did I Just Get Blown Off?

"If you have any questions about your order, or if any order information is incorrect, please call (919) 555-5555 or email..."

Explanation: I recently ordered a laptop computer for my wife. I purchased it from a perfectly delightful computer company which my employer used to own, and got a very nice price on it as a result. I did not, however, receive a confirmation email when I made the purchase. Since I hadn't received one immediately, I had the foresight to record the information on my screen. I called customer service a day or two later (in another perfectly delightful country altogether) and they ensured me that I would receive my confirmation email in the next 24 hours... and I did. That email contained the line above, however, which really did not add to my confidence in their service.

While I know that 555- phone numbers do not exist, I do know that I can just go to the Raleigh area and start asking people for help until I find the right place. That's somewhat reassuring.

Special Blog Bonus: Today's special blog bonus is that you no longer have to hear about a movie from the people who brought you 300. Have a nice day.

1 comment:

Willie Y said...

"A movie from the people who brought you 300." I miss it already.