Friday, October 9, 2009

And The Baby Slept

Good news! My smoke detectors can detect a forgotten candle extinguishing itself at 2:00 in the morning!

Explanation: There's nothing quite like waking up to every smoke alarm in the house going off at 2:00 in the morning. I leaped from the bed and sprinted to the hall (sans glasses) to look for any hint of danger. None. Next I checked my daughter's room. No smoke in there, and surprisingly she was sleeping right through the screaming alarm. Impressive, considering all the tiptoeing we do around the house right around her bedtime.

Finally I threw on my glasses and checked downstairs, to find not much smoke, but a very suspicious candle that was pretty much out of wax. I blew it out and opened the window of that room, which caused the smoke alarms to return to normalcy in just a few seconds.

And then I laid awake in bed for an hour as the adrenaline wore off. Such fun.

*yawn*

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How come anyone walking down the hall or HER side of the house wakes Grace, but she sleeps through the security alarm screaming consistently?? And why does the alarm go off? Because the light sleeper cries at night, leaving Mommy exhausted and likely to just open a door in the a.m!

Arif Ammar said...

Really baby slept ? I think not.......